Chartered since 1928 to
Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary Parish
in Dickson City, Pennsylvania.
Located in the Dan Beard District of
Northeastern Pennsylvania Boy Scout Council.
We meet Thursdays 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM at
LaSalle Academy at 625 Dundaff St., Dickson City.
The history of Troop 21 is not just a story of one Scout troop but also a profile of the Scouting movement in the Mid Valley area and in our nation's history. This story begins at Saint Mary's Visitation Church rectory in February 1928 when Chester Golinski and Monsignor Stanislaus Szpotanski filed an application for a troop charter. At the time, the only Boy Scout council in the area was the Scranton Area Council, headquartered in Scranton, so the application was filed there. Chester Golinski was the first Scoutmaster. The first committee included Atty. Leo Knoll as chairman, with Joseph Parchinski and Anthony Zalewski as committee members. Fourteen boys were listed as members on the 1928 charter application. By the time of its 1929 charter renewal the troop's roster included thirty-seven boys. read more ...